Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Personal Annual Report

Last week I received an email from someone I've met only once, inviting me to his retirement celebration in Zurich.  In reality, it is a launch event for himself, and he enclosed his Personal Annual Report for 2010.  I was initially amazed at what he'd done in only 12 months, but then started to question whether he really stopped working a long time ago.  In 2010, apart from his work responsibilities he:
  • Organised, chaired or spoke at nine conferences in collaboration with people from Switzerland, India, Russia, USA (east AND west coasts), and China
  • Wrote 18 magazine articles
  • Gave 15 lectures in US, EK, Germany, South Africa, India, Middle East
  • Moderated at four conferences
  • Listed 21 additional responsibilities and activities involving international travel.
With all that travel, he either has a very generous holiday allowance, or work and professional interests have merged so much that neither he nor his employer can tell the difference.

The idea of a Personal Annual Report is something that intrigues me, though.  I could easily create a long list of busy-ness.  I wonder what I would list as my accomplishments?  Well, I can say now that I've put pen to paper (i.e. keyboard to cloud) and started writing some stuff.  That's one thing off the "to do" list.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to catching up with how your life is gonna develop

    ReplyDelete